A two-bedroom self-catering barn conversion in a tranquil location, just 3 minutes’ drive or 20 minutes’ walk from Porthtowan’s beautiful Blue Flag beach on Cornwall’s north coast. The Old Piggery sleeps 4.
Porthtowan is situated on the western end of the north coast of Cornwall, within easy reach of the towns of Redruth (3 miles) and Truro (10 miles).
NO BOOKING FEES ADDED BY CHYCOR BOOKING.25% Deposit payable on booking. Balance payable minimum 6 weeks before date of arrival.
- Payment is by SagePay (card payments) or Internet Banking
- If this is the first time you have booked through Chycor Ltd then paying with a Credit Card gives you added consumer protection should you feel unfamiliar with us, even though we have been trading since 1996!
- To pay final balances or make part-payments click here My Account for SagePay or for our Internet Banking details (24:7Booking).
Availability: April to October | Changeover day: Friday (high season) | Check in from 15.30 | Check out before 10.30
Accommodation and Facilities
Set in a quiet location up its own private drive, The Old Piggery has been stylishly converted to provide comfortable accommodation with private parking for up to 4 persons and rural views with a sea glimpse to the front.
A stable door opens from the front garden and parking area into the living room which is furnished with a 3-seater leather sofa and armchair, coffee table, sideboard and widescreen TV with Sky. This room has a vaulted beamed ceiling with Tiffany light, a feature coloured glass window and a window to the front. The kitchen/diner leads off the living room and has a dining table seating 4, a well-equipped fitted kitchen with cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, toaster and a sink area with a lovely view with a glimpse of the sea.
A corridor leads from the living room to the two bedrooms and bathroom. Bedroom 1 has a king-size bed, pine bedside tables, chest of drawers, wardrobe, console table and flatscreen TV with Sky. It also has a vaulted ceiling and the window overlooks the front garden. Bedroom 2 has twin beds, painted French-style wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside table, and a window overlooking the front. The bathroom has a bath with shower over, washbasin and WC.
From the corridor a back door leads to a paved path to the private garden at the side of the property, with patio area with table and 4 chairs, BBQ, lawn, shrubs and fruit tree. This is an ideal area for relaxing in peace and quiet and it is not overlooked. A garden gate leads to the parking area and front of the property.
- Oil-fired central heating
- Bed linen, towels and T towels provided (please bring your own beach towels)
- Entertainment: Sky TV Family & Sports Package, Free WiFi
- Iron & ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Children welcome
- Sorry, no pets
- The Old Piggery is non-smoking
- Local Activities: surfing, swimming, cycling, fishing, golf, horse riding, walking
Porthtowan has a Blue Flag beach and is one of the UK’s top surfing beaches consisting of wide soft white sands and dunes. Its name comes from the Cornish words ‘porth’ and ‘tewynn’ which mean Cove of Sand Dunes. This is a beautiful part of Cornwall, with picturesque cliff walks starting from the beach along the coast path.
“Highly highly recommend!” Beth, London
“A large and lovely converted old building. Great location for beaches and cliff walks with very friendly owners.” Mick, Somerset
Location information and links
- Nearest beach: 0.8 miles
- Nearest railway station: Redruth
- Nearest trunk road: A30 at Redruth 2.7 miles
- Car: recommended
Contact and booking information
For further information and to book this property contact Amanda @ Chycor Bookings
- Mobile: +44 (0)7850 211528
- Telephone: +44 (0)1209 313907
- By Email: email@example.com (Please check availability before emailing)