A 2 bedroom self-catering apartment in the picturesque fishing village of Porthleven, Cornwall – close to the harbour; a short walk from the beach and the sea. Sleeps 5. Well behaved dogs accepted by prior arrangement.
‘The Gables’ is a large character cottage close to shops, cafes, restaurants etc. and only 2-3 minutes walk from the picturesque harbour, beyond which is the beach. It is a privately owned and has been converted into two flats, with the proprietors living on the ground floor. The flat is on the first floor with its own separate entrance; it is well-equipped. There is a balcony and off-road parking for one vehicle.
Porthleven is situated in Mounts Bay, on the south coast of Cornwall, within easy reach of the towns of Falmouth and Penzance, 13 miles from The Lizard and approx 22 miles from Lands End. The nearest town, Helston, is 2 miles away.
Notes to the rental rates
Central heating provided in cold weather.
Deposit of one-quarter total price payable on booking. Balance payable minimum 40 days prior to the date of arrival. Should you need to cancel your booking after this time, the full rent will remain payable unless the accommodation can be re-let. However, every effort will be made to re-let the property, in which case we reserve the right to retain a 10% administration fee.
Special rates are available for both longer term holidays and short breaks, except in high season. Please ring or email for details.
Accommodation and Facilities
- Property Type: apartment (semi-detached)
- Accommodation Type: self-catering
- Location Type: near the sea, village
- Theme: historic, romantic
- General: central heating provided in cold weather. Bed linen provided at extra cost. Electricity by coin operated meter
- Kitchen: 4 ring stove, freezer, fridge, grill, kitchenette, microwave, oven
- Living Room: living area seating for 4 people
- Dining: dining area, seating for 4 people
- Bathrooms: 1 shower room
- No. of bedrooms: 2 bedrooms, sleeps a maximum of 5 people
- Bedrooms: Main bedroom has a double bed and single folding bed. 2nd bedroom has a triple sleeper bunk bed with a 4′ wide double underneath a single upper bunk
- Entertainment: satellite tv, DVD player/recorder, wi fi
- Outside: balcony, parking, 4 garden chairs, small table
- Suitability: children welcome, well-behaved dog welcome, wheelchair inaccessible
- Smoking: the flat is non-smoking
- Local Activities: cycling, fishing, golf, horse riding, surfing, swimming, walking
Notes: Well behaved dogs welcome if kept off furniture and beds. We also request that you do not leave your dog alone in the property at any time. The Flat is accessed via level walkway and 5 steps.
Porthleven is a fishing village nestled around a picturesque harbour in Mounts Bay on the south coast of Cornwall. Local services include: 3 public houses, launderette, shops, cafes and restaurants, local craft workshops, supermarket.
There is a long stretch of beach to the east of the harbour, and fishing and boating trips can be booked from the harbour-side. There are some lovely local walks and west of Porthleven, along the cliffs, the scenery is stunning and in the distance one can see the ruins of the old tin mines.
Close by is the beautiful Penrose Estate, where there are walks through the valley around Loe Pool, a large freshwater lake separated from the sea by a sandbar.
Some 8 miles west of Porthleven is the historic town of Marazion with the famous St Michael’s Mount which is steeped in history and open to the public during the holiday season.
The Gables is centrally located for amenities and is only a 3 minute walk from the harbour.
‘The Gables’ is one of the oldest houses in Porthleven and sleeps 5 people. It is situated close to the harbour and local amenities and is just a few minutes’ walk from the beach. The house is privately owned and divided into two flats, with the proprietors living on the ground floor. The holiday apartment is on the first floor and has its own separate entrance.
The accommodation comprises: balcony, lobby, dining area, kitchen/lounge, shower room with WC and wash basin. There are two double bedrooms; the bed in the master bedroom is 4’6″ wide and the bed in the smaller room is a triple sleeper bunk bed, wiht a 4′ wide double underneath a single upper bunk. A single folding bed is also available for the main bedroom if required. Facilities include: satellite TV, DVD player/recorder, wi fi, electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, electric convector heater and fan heaters. In the event of cold weather, central heating is provided. Electricity is by coin operated meter. There is off-road parking.
The apartment will be ready for occupation from 3.00 p.m. Changeover day is Saturday and you are asked please to vacate the property by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure, to allow time for cleaning etc. Well behaved dogs are welcome, but not on the furniture please. We also ask that you ensure the dog is not left alone in the property at any time.
Location information and links
- Nearest beach: 800 metres
- Nearest ferry port: Plymouth
- Nearest railway station: Redruth or Penzance
- Nearest motorway junction: Exeter at 114 miles
- Car: recommended
Contact and booking information
For further information and to book this property contact Alison Round
- Telephone: +44 (0)1326 574816
- Alt. Telephone: +44 (0)7811 559608
- By Email: Send booking enquiry now! (Please check availability before emailing)