Miners Association - born out of a determination by ex-miners
to remain as a close-knit community. The CMA came into being when
miners from Geevor, Pendarves, Wheal Jane and South Crofty formed
a committee to create an association for ex-miners and mine workers.
Cornish Studies Centre
- Cornwall's largest library of Cornish printed and published items.
[ LIBRARY sources in Cornwall to help you trace your Cornish roots]
- A site tracing various Cornish family's history in the USA since
Genealogy - Excellent reference source about Cornwall's past.
[ Information PARISH by PARISH on Cornwall ]
Cornwall's website within the WorldGenWeb Project. Helpful data and
links for family and local history research of all parishes in Cornwall
and Cornish global emigration.
Association - Founded 1898 - An organisation with a long tradition.
Murdoch House - Home of the
"Cornish-American Connection", Biographical DATA-BANK +++ WHO, WHEN,
WHERE TO, the Cornish went to AMERICA.
Cornwall - Cornwall County Council websites links providing information
on the counties history.
Blue Hills Tin Streams
- St. Agnes - Discover skills of the ancient tinner. Follow the process
from rock to metal. A tin mining valley steeped in history. (
A ****STAR 1Hr tour - Webmaster's opinion)
Carn Brea Protection
Group - dedicated to preserving a hill lived on for more than
5000 years. Murdoch House
- first recorded house lit by piped gas in the world; now the home
of the "Cornish-American Connection", Biographical Data-bank
Mineral Tramways Discovery
Centre - at the heart of Cornwall's Ancient Mining Area. Providing
information on the old Mineral Tramways and the mines they serve
Redruth Town Trail - A short walk
around the centre of Redruth exploring its historical, architectural
and mining heritage.
Tolgus Tin Stream Works
- Redruth. The last tin stream works in Cornwall, now rescued by the
Trevithick Trust & Cornish Goldsmiths. A scheduled Ancient Monument
British Cycling Museum -
The Nation's Foremost Museum of Cycling History.
Andrew Besley Photolibrary
- Looking for a present? Reminder of home? Your Cornish roots?
The ATV Centre - All the fun
you can handle! 125cc & 200cc Quads, three circuits and lots more.
- The fastest karts in West Penwith. St Ives junction on A30.
The Monkey Sanctuary -
occupies a Victorian house and garden which for over 30 years has
been the home for a colony of woolly monkeys.
Mousehole Wild Bird Hospital
& Sanctuary - Founded 1928: Open daily to visitors and admission
Paradise Park - Hayle - Home
of the World Parrot Trust and Cornwall's Conservation Park
Launceston Travel Tips
- A town with a Norman Castle and hilltop town centre. Just off the
A30 and worth a visit
Community website - This website is based around Cadgwith with
the other villages and communities on the peninsula featured.
Penzance Travel Tips
- A guide to places of interest and how to get there
Centre - A range of information covering Perranporth, Perran,
St.Agnes, Bolingey and the surrounding area.
Travel Tips - A brief guide to the parish and how to get there
Peninsula - Few places in Cornwall can compare with the Roseland
- Tranquil beaches. Breathtaking cliffs, delightful rivers and countryside,
pretty villages and hamlets.